Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Easter 2014

I like to make Elsie something special for every holiday.
It makes it more fun, and getting something Mommy-made makes the day a little more special.
For previous Easters I made her stuffed bunnies, but since we're drowning in stuffed animals (seriously folks, please, in the name of all things cute and squishy, please please stop buying her stuffed animals. She never plays with 90% of them, but it makes me feel like a monster every time I go to rid rid of some.)This year I make her a little bunny purse, and filled it with her favorite candies.
 It was so easy to make I whipped up a bunch for her little cousins. They're just felt and ribbon with very simple painted on faces. I would say it was the star of the Easter basket, but I think we can all agree that that honor went to the giant chocolate Easter bunny.

One of the perks of living back in the same area where I grew up is that Elsie can participate in all the fun holiday traditions that my family has done such an awesome job as maintaining over the years.
We've had an annual egg hunt at Concord Baptist church since before I was born, and probably before my mom was born. Shoot, I wouldn't be surprised if my grandma hunted for colored eggs stuck in the big iron church bell when she was a little girl.It makes me so happy to sweet Elsie having as much fun as I did there when I was little.





No comments: