Saturday, April 12, 2008

last night in paradise

I can't believe it's my last night here in St Maarten. It's been an amazing two years. I can't say life here isn't without it's challenges... okay, a LOT of challenges, but I've done so many things I would have never done. I've made friends with people from ever corner of the globe. I've learned so much about life and myself here. There are so many things I am going to miss... not just my apartment and the beach, but the kids I've worked with (especially the ones that live near me that I see almost every day), my church (teaching sunday school) the constant inspiration the beautiful Caribbean brings to my art every day but more than anything I'll miss my friends. I've met so many wonderful people here who I've seen come and go off the island, but it's the galpals I'm leaving on the island I wish I could take with me... crazy pilot chicks... catching 4 different buses to get to the french side... shopping like the girliest... hiking like the bravest... and smores... lots and lots of smores.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey La Sha! Just checking out your blog here, and I have to say that your little tribute to the crazy pilots chicks who lived downstairs from you almost made me cry.... those were some amazing adventures that we had! I totally miss hanging out with you and just going for crepes! I will never forget all the fun we had. Thanks so much for picking me up on the side of the road that one day - only God knew how great that would turn out!!