Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Broke In The Big Apple

Has anyone ever told you that medical school is EXTREMELY expensive?

No?

Well... it is!

I should know- I just mailed a check for over $10,000 solely for this semester's tuition.

Oh medical school.

My husband will only be with you a few more months, but oh my these months are long.

Actually 49 weeks...

still less than a year.

I digress.

The point is we are officially completely totally broke.

Like skipping-lunch-so -I-can-afford-dinner broke.

Using-the stove-for-heat broke

ANYHOO

I figure I can't be the only one in this predicament, you know, of not having money but still needing things, so about once a week I'll be sharing my hard-won knowledge about how to survive when you're

Broke In The Big Apple

Today's tip is for the ladies:

You've probably already heard about this,

but it was big news to me, so I have to make sure

Until Jan 26, or while supplies last Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Carson Pirie Scott and Nordstrom will be giving away free makeup as part of a lawsuit settlement.

So stop adding hot water to your dried up mascara tube and get yourself to a department store!

No comments: