Tuesday, April 06, 2010

I think you misspelled "see"... oh wait I get it.

Once in a while I'll sell a painting, then miss it a ton and try to recreate it.

Usually it doesn't work out and the finished product never sees the light of day, as it gets painted over pronto, but sometimes....

sometimes the second time around is better than the first.

That's definitely the case with one of the newest additions in my Etsy shop: I actually finished this last November for a show, but am only just now getting around to posting it cause I wanted to enjoy it for a while before possibly having to ship it of to a new home.

LOL Last November, when I got to the gallery with all my art, the curator asked me for the names of my pieces.

Names?

You mean "cute-square-painting-of-hands-making-a-heart-shape-in-front-of-the-ocean" doesn't work?

So this is what being put on the spot feels like.

Unfortunately, all I could come up with were weak puns.

Thus the name of this piece is "I'd Love To Sea You Again".

Also in the show was "You Are So Deer To Me"

And the smaller, but much loved "Wire we all just sitting around?"

Fortunately, the names weren't posted on the wall.

Unfortunately, I still can't think of good names for paintings.

No comments: