Monday, January 31, 2011

On 127 Hours

This past weekend I went with The Ackerkids to see 127 Hours- the true story about Aron Ralston, the hiker who had to cut off his arm to save his life.

I have to admit to liking it much more than I thought I would.

To me, it served as reminder of the strength of the human spirit.

We are capable of so much more than we give ourselves credit for.

What's more amazing to me, than his acurrately assessing the situation as do (cut off his arm) or die and taking the extreme measures he did, was his life after the accident.

You should go see the movie to see what I mean, but trust,

it's joyous.

-------------------------Post Edit-----------------------------

A lot of times when I see a movie and it has cussing in it, I think "Was that really neccessary?" Because a lot of movies could be enjoyed by younger audiences if only the language weren't so vulgar. But after watching 127 Hours I can't help but think that if it were the true story of La Sha Ackerman being stuck under a rock for almost a week that it would have waaaay more expletives. Seriously, you'd only be able to show it in movie theaters in Las Vegas after 11:00.

No comments: