Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pretty Flowers

 ... from my pretty sister in Florida
for my birthday. 

Gorgeous! And they held up a loooong time.

I always say that I don't worry about what other people think because the biggest snob I know is me. Flowers are one area where I let my snobbiness shine. After working as a florist for a long time I gained a disdain for certain buds as cheap and fleeting, and a love for others I'd never heard of before. My favorites are Lilies (of course) and delphiniums. The winner for best smell is peonies. (If you ever need help with floral arrangements, shoot me a line and I'll make sure only the good stuff makes it's way into your vases).  Maybe someday I'll have the resources to plant a flower garden, but for now I have neither the time nor tolerance for the keeping of greens that don't pull their weight by contributing in the kitchen. 

No comments: