Thursday, July 10, 2008

I get a little goofy about birthdays.

About once a year I get a little older... I think this phenomenon is called a birthday.

Yesterday, I was going about my business when suddenly BAM! a birthday just jumped out in front of me and I hit it with my car and now I'm 23. To mourn the passing of my 22nd year a service was held at The Grit where vegan entrees were enjoyed by all. Indeed it's pretty much the only place on Earth where I can eat as much as I possibly could and still feel healthy. Afterward, I was taken to the loveliest cupcake store I've ever seen. That's right- a store primarily dedicated to the making of cupcakes. My foot had fallen off when I woke up this morning, so I think it's safe to assume that the ginormous single serving treat gave me diabetes. (I always say that). Something else I always do is toss tissue paper from gifts around like a juggler. Unfortunately, when I joyfully tossed the piece of tissue paper tucked into the top of the gift bag that Jamie gave me, I discovered that it was, in fact, holding small gifts. Fortunately they seem to have survived my over exuberant gift opening tactics. I really shouldn't ever be given anything.

No comments: