Wednesday, April 01, 2009

wedded bliss on the brain

I'm not typically a single minded person, but for some reason lately I can think of nothing but weddings.

Perhaps it's just the season, but everywhere I look I see things that make me think of white acoutremented celebrations. From the magazines at the grocery store to the flowers that suddenly seem to be everywhere. Everything looks made for marriage.

Twice this week, there have even been weddings in my dreams. Not my own, mind you. That afternoon was far far from a dream. If I could do it again, I would change pretty much everything. I wouldn't DARE to plan it outdoors- it would be in a church instead instead of a dark restaurant. I would invite waaay more people.

I'd wear a simple sleek dress instead of a poufy monstrosity. I'd hire a photographer, and of course, I'd actually HAVE flowers decorating the place.

The other thing's I'd change are just too numerous to mention.

I guess I'm just being my usual malcontent self.

I can't decide if I should title this post "older and wiser" or "coulda woulda shoulda".

No comments: