Thursday, March 22, 2012

Something I Forgot To Mention:

In the midst of all Dr A's soul crushing drama I forgot to mention one very pleasant thing that occurred recently- I got the grades back from my mid-terms, and across the board- I made the highest grades. Even in the class where I thought I would barely pass the test, I ended up making the only perfect score!

I do have Dr A to thank in large part- because of his uncanny ability to remember everything he's ever learned in school he makes an excellent tutor.

Also, one of my essays is being added to the handbook my professors uses, as an example of how it should be done!

I know it doesn't really make a difference in the frame of reference that our life is totally going down the crapper, but having a little something I can be proud of for myself is definitely a little pick-me-up. My only wish is that college professors would use those shiny gold stars that elementary teachers use. I do love me some shiny gold stars- to this day when I flip through my old piano sheet music for something to warm up my harp with, I still feel a pang of pride when I see those 20 year old shiny stars that remind me how my tiny fingers once rocked those songs on my music teacher's piano.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Yay! As a great philosopher once said, “Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.” You realizing this great accomplishment is an act of turning on the light. I am so proud of you.