Thursday, October 04, 2012

Art I Hate Week Day #3 & 4

I absolutely meant to write a post yesterday, 
but then I got caught up in watching the Presidential debate.
Mitt was the clear winner, but it still seems like Pepsi Vs Coke.
Pretty much six of one and half dozen of the other.
Why do we have a two party system again?
If it keeps up like this I'm going to start voting Whig
and if that doesn't work, I'll just go Tory.

Anyhow...
back to the Art I Hate.
Which, by the way I just discovered a fabulous blog about truly hateable art:
and if you're an art snob like me
you'll love it.

But since I'm trying to only use my own examples of Art I Hate for this week
(in an attempt to not seem like a Bitter Bertha or Jealous Jenny
by belittling others' work,
when there is just oh so much to hate in my very own reportoire).

I painted, and drew, and sculpted constantly as a little girl,
then fell in love with photography as a teenager
and put everything else away as childish.

When I started painting again as an adult I was so in love and thrilled by all my creations that I wanted to share them, so I'd roll them up in a postal tube and take them to the places I worked and give them away to any coworker or friend who seemed slightly interested in them. I'm not sure exactly how many paintings I gave away... somewhere in the dozens.

So now I have to live with the fact that
somewhere out there
people have very crappy paintings with my name on them.

So, as much as I appreciate them for being  the foundation for the skills which I've developed and use today,
I really hate all my early works:

No comments: