Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Day Four: Play, play, play, and play some more

Day four came and so did the little girl I babysit.
She is precious and sweet,
but she is two
and when she is put in a room with my two year old they can get into all kinds of messy mischief in the blink of an eye.
Seriously, I do not dare turn my backs on them.
Not for a second
and tasks that I could do in the same room as them,
like pick up toys,
straighten up the couch, etc,
are completely futile
because they will undo anything I do faster than I can redo it.
I did some dusting in the living room, 
but mostly I played 
I played dress up
I played legos
I played toddler "hide and seek"
(That's where you throw a blanket over them and pretend you can't find them).
I took turns flying them around the room
(A free workout!)
And when the day was over and her dad came to pick her up
I.was.exhausted.
I threw together a pasta dinner with whatever crap I could find in my cabinets and retreated into a good book, while Dr A took over watching the kids for the couple of hours before bed. (They were tired too, so that meant playing video games with them- a real hardship.
Honestly I was too tired to even care about all the cleaning I didn't do.

No comments: