Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Red eye(s)

Tonight I’m blogging from 14000 ft.

I think it’s about 1400 ft. Isn’t that cruising altitude?

I was planning on driving down to Georgia later on this week, but you know what they say about plans…

(No, what do they say about plans?)

If you what to make God laugh, just tell him YOUR plans.

I was planning on working a long day today but then around noon my phone started ringing off the hook.

I don’t usually even carry my phone, and if I do have it, then it’s uncharged or on silent.

I really have no love for the thing.

But today I had it.

And charged, too.

(Thanks God!)

Because otherwise I wouldn’t have gotten the calls that told me I needed to catch the first flight I could and get down to Georgia as fast as I could if I want to say good bye to my Papa… for the last time.

Now I’m on a red eye flight hoping to make it to my Grandpa’s side before the cancer takes him away.

There is a baby wailing in the seat in front of me. I wish I could hold it because I feel like commiserating. Life is hard and cruel and just so so so sad.

That baby seems to be aware.

Then again, he may have just pooped himself. on a redeyeood bye to Papa for the last time.o catch the first flight I could and get down to Georgia as fast as I could if I

No comments: