Saturday, September 22, 2012

Migratory

The Daily Doily Project is fun, but I'm trying to reign in my focus a little spend more time on those things which are more likely to help me meet my goals.
One of which is to finish all the projects I've started.
One of which is this fairly large painting:

"Migratory" Acrylic on Canvas $275

An excerpt from John Keats' 
"Ode to a Nightingale"
MY HEART aches, and a drowsy numbness pains
My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk,
Or emptied some dull opiate to the drains
One minute past, and Lethe-wards had sunk:
’Tis not through envy of thy happy lot,
But being too happy in thine happiness,—
That thou, light-winged Dryad of the trees,
In some melodious plot
Of beechen green, and shadows numberless,
  Singest of summer in full-throated ease....

...Thou wast not born for death, immortal Bird!
No hungry generations tread thee down;
The voice I hear this passing night was heard
In ancient days by emperor and clown:
Perhaps the self-same song that found a path
Through the sad heart of Ruth, when, sick for home,
She stood in tears amid the alien corn;
The same that oft-times hath
Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam
Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn.



No comments: